Questions

Check trail status
tomy

Questions

Postby tomy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 am

So... what is this trail like? Typical KC rocky stuff or more flowy? Observations on drying out period? Looking to drop in there sometime soon...

Possum

Re: Questions

Postby Possum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Not very technical. Only one shortish section with rocks. The rest is more "open range". Very singlespeed friendly. The SE corner section is pretty tight and twisty, and you can kind of tell they were trying to maximize miles/SF, but it's still fun. When I rode it, it had kind of an "old school" feel, if that makes sense.
Bike racing is good. The people you meet, the struggles you overcome, the highs and lows, the downhills, the finish lines. Bikes in general just make us better people. -Cameron Chambers

Cbo-pleasanthill

Postby Cbo-pleasanthill » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Todd is correct...not much tech. Not a lot of rocks out there to work with. As far as the first section being twisty...probably has more to do with that being the first trail we laid out and we didn't really have a good feel for what we were doing. This is a good trail to take kids or new mountain bikers to as they can build confidence and skills in a relatively safe environment. This place is never going to be in the running for best trail system in KC, but for those of us who live down there, it's nice not to have to drive 45 minutes to get to the trail.

Andy

Cbo-pleasanthill

Postby Cbo-pleasanthill » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Drying time...my observations are quicker than Landahl and not as quick as Wyco.

Andy

Muther

Postby Muther » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 pm

More importantly, it is far enough south, that quite a few storm systems that hit KC, could either totally miss this place, or drop very little rain.

It's like Krug, and the other St Joe stuff. I can go up and ride Krug, because the rain missed St Joe, when all of the KC stuff is drenched.

Having the St Joe systems, and these new systems in place, really expands the options we have if you are willing to drive for 30mins to an hour.
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

Cbo-pleasanthill

Postby Cbo-pleasanthill » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:39 am

If people want to check out how much rain they get when it rains, these two stations are the closest:

1-2 miles northwest of the trails:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =KMOGREEN7

1-2 miles southeast of the trails:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... KMOPLEAS14

tomy

Postby tomy » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 am

Possum wrote:When I rode it, it had kind of an "old school" feel, if that makes sense.

So, lots of fall line trail, cuz thats all I remember about old school trails. :|

Thanks for the replies guys. I may wander down that way some day to check it out....

Return to “MoPac Singletrack Trails”