Bike Stop has donated a bike to raffle!

Check trail status
Cbo-pleasanthill

Bike Stop has donated a bike to raffle!

Postby Cbo-pleasanthill » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:57 am

All,

Bike Stop in Lee's Summit has donated a bike for us to raffle off to support continued trail maintenance and construction out at the Pleasant Hill City Lake where the MOPAC singletrack trails are located. We are currently raising money to construct a major bridge across a 50 foot channel that flows into city lake. This bridge will then allow us to build trails all the way around the lake. The cool thing about the trails at our lake is, when completed, the Rock Island extension of the Katy Trail will come right alongside the lake. This means, you'll be able to hop on that trail, bike pack from the KC down to City Lake, camp, ride single track at the lake, maybe ride the RI trail 2 or 3 miles into town and grab something to eat, etc. A pretty cool weekend outing from KC.

Anyway, back to the bike, I think the bike is a Giant ATX 27.5 and would be a good entry level bike for someone. Bike Stop will ensure the winner gets the size appropriate for them. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. We will start selling them at the ribbon cutting this Saturday, April 15 (see other post about that) and continue selling them through National Trails Day Weekend (June 3-4). You will be able to purchase them at our city hall starting April 17. For any folks on this board who want to buy tickets but don't want to drive down to P-Hill to do it, send me a private message and I'll send you the deets on where to send a check. I will email you a pdf of your ticket stubs. You don't have to be present to win.

Finally, thanks so much to Bike Stop for supporting our efforts with these trails! We've been fortunate to get help from many small businesses and corporations, and we are very grateful to all of them for their support! Thanks again Bike Stop!

Andy

Return to “MoPac Singletrack Trails”