BRP Trailwatchers...

Trail Information | Check trail status
Ken Miner

BRP Trailwatchers...

Postby Ken Miner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

Shamelessly stolen from Aaron and the Landahl board....

Everyone,
Blue River Parkway (BRP) is looking for a few good people to adopt a section of trail for general maintenance.

Trail Watchers are official Jackson Co. MO Parks and Rec volunteers who adopt a section of trail, 1/2 - 2 miles long to maintain. Responsibilities include trimming ground vegetation, lopping/pruning/sawing small branches and limbs in the trail corridor, minor trail tread problems and report large downed trees or snags as necessary. You can also keep the trail free of leaves in the fall winter, but that is not required.

The biggest part of a trailwatchers duties is keeping the vegetation trimmed from the trail. It usually requires at least two passes per season with the trimmer sometimes more. That season starts in May and extends to July when the vegetation doesn't grow as much and as quickly. ERTA has power trimmers (weedeaters) available for trailwatchers to use if you don't have your own. I would recommend a heavy duty unit, smaller yard oriented trimmers just don't cut it. (Haha, get it, cut it?)

If you are interested in giving a little back to BRP contact me here via pm or ken.miner1(at)gmail(dot)com

You can also sign up for the BRP Trailwatchers Google Group to stay up on current (get it? current? At Blue River.... Aaron and I are damn funny).... on BRP trail maintenance: http://groups.google.com/group/blue-riv ... hers?hl=en

Thanks,
Ken Miner
Volunteer Trail Manager
Blue River Parkway Park MTB trails
I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I usually show up, shirtless on the TV show, "Cops". Stay thirsty my friends.

Sasquatch1413

Re: BRP Trailwatchers...

Postby Sasquatch1413 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:27 am

We have a new email set up for BRP. If you are interested in being on the email list that notifies volunteers of work days, please send a message to brp(at)earnyourdirt(dot)org. You can also send me a PM with any questions or request. Earn your dirt!
Last edited by Sasquatch1413 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My what big wheels you have.

beaverpoker

Re: BRP Trailwatchers...

Postby beaverpoker » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Beaverpoker and jamwellman will take it. I will email you over the weekend and find out all the details.

Return to “Blue River Parkway”