Trail set to open May 2007

Possum

Trail set to open May 2007

Postby Possum » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Yes, it's true. We should have the final walk-through with the state in early to mid May, and the trail will be open after that.

We'll be having our (hopefully) final workday on the weekend of April 21. We are hoping it will be a short day Saturday, with a ride after lunch.

I believe that plans are also in the works for an "official" trail opening some time in June.

Keep an eye here for more info about the opening, and the Group Rides section for more info about the workday.

Insomneous

Postby Insomneous » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Todd, how many miles? It's been forever since I've been there, can you tell me what the trails might be similar too around here?
"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:43 pm

Can't wait to check it out. We have a lake house not far from the trail. Bout 10 miles or so. I'll frequent it I'm sure. Are ticks still a Image out there?

Possum

Postby Possum » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:56 am

It's +/-10 miles of trail. If you start at the trailhead, ride the connnector to South Loop to North Loop and Connector back to trailhead, I think it's about 13-14 miles round trip.

There are a lot of ticks in the area leading into the north loop, but as long as we keep the grass mowed down and the trail gets ridden (which it will), they aren't a problem. Everything else is in old-growth sections, so you don't get any tick problems.

I'd almost say they are most like Smithville? Really open flowing trail. Obviously the geology is totally different than anything around here, but in terms of tech and flow, I'd say they are most like Smithville. I wonder why.....

ctrailfreak

Postby ctrailfreak » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:16 am

Do you know if they ever did anything with the Freeride Loop trail out by Camdenton? It's been about two years since I checked it out, but the State put a big bog on things, once they asked for help.

Possum

Postby Possum » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:33 am

Best bet would be to call Tim at Oz. I've never been able to ride any of the other trails out that way, b/c when I've been down there, it's been all work no play.

I fully intend to go ride the trail that they built that has some stunts and stuff this summer.

Return to “Lake of the Ozarks State Park”