conditions

Trail Information | Check trail status
tomy

Re: conditions

Postby tomy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:38 pm

chris1281982 wrote:I may try to ride tomorrow afternoon, may just ride Hank. I know the water is getting chilly and if you get yours toes wet crossing the creek your feet may go numb.

:lol: that's funny

chris1281982

Postby chris1281982 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:34 pm

I guess that I should have worded that a different way :o
DEAD LAST is greater than DID NOT FINISH which trumps DID NOT START

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Thu May 07, 2009 8:22 am

Went out and checked last night, The connector was fine, but Hank still had 3 really long really muddy spots. If I could trust people to walk around the muddy spots I would have opened it up, but there were two dummys I saw in the parking lot coverered head to toe in mud, so much for common sense. So now there are probably big ruts through the muddy spots making them longer, and causing them to stay wet longer.

Of course this whole post is pretty much useless now because it *%^&ing rained AGAIN!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Defiantly = bold disobedience Definitely = without a doubt

MLP

Postby MLP » Mon May 11, 2009 11:18 am

I was out 5/9/09 and watched a Guy and his teenage son ride off into the sunset and around the gates they went :roll: .

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Tue May 19, 2009 8:12 pm

I opened it up tonight. There were a few soft spots, and the mess before the field crossing is still a mess. Walk around that please. Everything else was fine. Needs a trim really bad. Already. :evil: Stay tuned.

pitbull

Postby pitbull » Sun May 24, 2009 7:57 pm

The connector & Hank are both trimmed. Didn't get to Eddy yet. Hope the rains hold off another 24 hours...
The essence of mountain biking is, and always has been, about riding your bike off road. Lycra/baggy, up/down, fast/slow - whatever. Just ride your bike. ~ Keith Bontrager

bdavis

Postby bdavis » Mon May 25, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks for trimming. I just got back from riding and the trails look great!!!

jayhawk73

Postby jayhawk73 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Kill Creek was dry and dusty (except the two known trouble spots) and I had some slithering company on Hank. I'll just call him Hank. He was a beautiful copperhead right in the middle of the trail on the southern power line cut. I debated jumping over him but reason kicked in and I decided to turn around and leave him be. I didn't feel like being that guy that's alone in the woods with a snake bite.

You can see the uploaded photo here. Pretty tough to pick him out but he's at the top center in the middle of the trail: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... =652221969

Olathejoe

Postby Olathejoe » Mon May 25, 2009 9:22 pm

All these stories about snakes are really giving me the creeps. Makes me glad I have partial color blindness that keeps me from seeing most snakes. I guess that's what it is, I hardly ever see them unless someone points them out. Anyway, stop talking about snakes.

shoffner

Postby shoffner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Great ride this morning! Went out with a couple buddies and rode everything, messed around on the skinnies and drop on eddy, started hearing thunder, got spat on a bit, rode more, heard more thunder, got ready to ride more, heard really LOUD thunder and decided that that was the wet one. We hightailed back on the connector and got back just in time to get dumped on while loading up.

Trails look great all trimmed! thanks guys!!!! they were absolute bone dry, primo this morning unjtil the rain :cry:
ROZARKS - Roanoke and Rosedale neighborhoods' nature trails
KESSLER - Cliff Drive/Historic Northeast

URBAN DIRTY RACE SERIES
http://urbandirty.wordpress.com

Team Colavita/Parisi